Monday, September 23, 2013

First letter in El Salvador...September 23, 2013

1.  So who is your companion? Where is he from?
 My comp is Elder Purcer from West Jordan

2.  Where are you at there in the Mission?  City?
 My area is called Layco in San Salvador

3.  What is your apartment like?
My apartment is the nicest than all of our Districts.. we live right next to our Branch President but it has cold water for showers...

 4.  Did you get to have a trip to the temple when you got there? If so, how was that temple?
 Yes we got to have a trip to the temple... its sweet cuz in the
entrance is a picture of Jesus and A Nephite and Lamanite kid ..we didn't do anything inside though.

5.  Did you stay in hotel your first night there or somewhere else?
No we stayed in the crappy AP's house and it sucked. But we did get to chill in the mission home during the day


Well mom seems like your guys week pretty much sums up mine too. I'll be honest ...this was the hardest week of my life...I got a huge wake up call with the language and it was really hard. I started to get a little homesick too and even started to think that I don't have to be out here. BUT I found my help in an investigator and while teaching I remembered why I am here... that it isn't for me and that I need to stop being selfish. So I'm fine now and you don't need to worry about me. I fasted yesterday, the whole day, for help with the language and it seems like it has helped a little now. Gosh it really is hard to read bad news on top of bad news but I know life is not always sunshine and roses.... I feel so bad for Nate and I hope he emails me...gosh I feel so bad for that guy cuz he deserves the best.   This Sunday I missed nursery too...I miss those guys sooo much! 

Well let me tell you about my week....So El Salvador is something else let me tell ya haha. The pupusas here are WAY better than the ones we had and I can't emphasize it enough!  haha.. I get approached by drunks all the time and one lady tried to even hug me haha...I seem to be the loco magnet! Also this area hasn't been opened for years so its hard cuz we have no people to really teach.  But we have this one lady who I have never felt this way about... someone that I want to help so much and I feel that something is there to  teach her. Also we met with this inactive guy who went on a mission and is just way prideful but knows a lot and is a fun guy to talk to haha... he said he likes me. Also my first cita I set up just so happened to be the crazy in the area who we have been told not to talk to because he wants to kill missionaries because one left his daughter but his whole family are members. He really liked talking to me and didn't want to kill me but I don't think I'm going back haha. The people here are weird...some speak english ...like our Branch Pres... he reminds me so much of Seth haha... but some randomly come up to you and are like Whats up and are way drunk.  Well thats kinda my week.  I don't feel like I have anything else.  Sorry, I forgot to bring my camera so I will send pictures next week.  Oh! and I also met Elder Gottschalk...He is one of the AP's.  I need to get a picture with him sometime.  I love you mom and always know I'm praying for you guys! 

Elder Clev
All the New Missionaries that came with Brock in front of the temple.  Brock is on the 3rd row from
the bottom...third one from the right.

Elder Clev with his Trainer Elder Purser and President Hintze and Sister Hintze


1 comment:

  1. Stay strong, Elder Cleverly - there is someone in your current area who you are supposed to find, teach, and baptize. I will pray that your testimony stays strong and that you never forget why you are there. Bishop Dooley

    ReplyDelete