1.So are you leaving Acajutla this week or staying put?
Not sure...I find out tonight but more than likely I'm gone
Haha Yeah Elder Ruiz is pretty young but all latinos look younger than they really are!
Well I don't even know how to describe this week guys.....the sealing was one, if not the best experience of my mission. It was so cool to see them again but not only that but see how far they have come! Haha other missionaries were there because them or their comps had known the family even Elder Paulson was there haha because someone in his zone knew the family and they were on interchanges haha! But the whole time in the temple I felt so good! Sorry I suck at describing this but you can't put it into words! In the celestial room they told me to come sit by them and when I did the Dad points to me and says "culpable" meaning guilty haha you know I don't cry but that made me as close to crying as I could. Never did I imagine what impact i had made and how happy i am that i decided to serve a mission. Then the dad said i still cant believe how you changed my wife cuz she was a big Catholic but like she had told me before there was something about me and Stin that was special and that touched me. After we entered the sealing room and i got to see almost everyone from Layco again! i was so happy and to see everyone! then to see the sealing i now understand what the whole sealing power is and you can feel it, it is something stronger than i had ever felt before. Everyone was crying but i couldnt help but smile the whole time cuz i felt so happy! to see this was an experience i dont think i will fully be able to describe especially over email but i will have to tell in person more. After the sealing to have the mom look me in the eyes and tell me "gracias"....i cant tell you another time someone has told me something so sincere! Im sorry this makes no sense haha ive jumped around so much but just know i love this gospel, Christs gospel, that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER so cliche but true. i now have a testimony of this. I love you guys and will explain more in person but also shoutout to Stin for being the man and taking the sacrifice, i love and respect him cuz hes done what i probably would whine about. Love you mom as well! Lata!
Elda Clev
 |
| Acajutla |
 |
| Chavez Family Sealing Day |
Beautiful story about the celestial room experience - good that you had that feeling to boost your testimony of forever families. Good report, Elda.
ReplyDeleteYes, and more cheezy photos - what is there about LDS FTMs and their "poses?" JD