Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015~ "Knowing What's Right Doesn't Mean Much Unless You Do What's Right"

1.  Did the Aldens get back? Did you get all your stuff I sent?
Yes they did and Yeah I did

2.  Were you able to have the baptisms this weekend?
Yup!


Yeah it was really sad about Alba...she was an awesome person and  I am blessed to say I got to know her.  Her family seems to be doing better.  We visit them almost everyday and they told me to tell you guys hi and to pray for them. Glad to hear Stock is staying busy and working out... he needs to.

Thats so crazy Jacob comes home... man everyone is!
Tell Kae thats awesome that she did good and I'm proud of her and Ryan too for finally getting things done! haha

Well there isn't a word that could describe my week this week. For starts, yes we had the baptism and everything went good!!! The Staine family were so happy and it was so cool to get in the ocean too haha. There were a lot of tourists in church this week which boosted our attendance and all of them were saying how cool everything was from being on the island to baptizing in the ocean... Man I don't think my mission could get better! haha I love it here on the island and the people are awesome.  Some of them even say in their prayers for us to stay here a couple more months haha! Right after the baptism we had the funeral service which had the chapel packed all the way into the hallway. When they left they walked the body to the grave site...  we were locking up the church to go with them and we found one of the main doors was so rusted on the hinge that we couldn't shut it and it ripped out the whole door and the frame! So we had to stay and keep the church safe from anything and put bags around it for the whole rest of the day and even had to stay the night there too! haha... it was terrible having to sleep on the hard ground with a baseball bat (yes we had weapons like a slingshot, and bats) and I kept waking up the whole time because I heard noises. Note to self I can't be a security guard. But nothing happened thank goodness and it was a fun experience for sure haha. Well that was pretty much the week all is good here and now its time to move on with the work! Love you guys and love and thanks mom for the nice ties too!  

Elda Clev


Staines Baptisms


Baptism in the Ocean

Special Day for the Staines

2 comments:

  1. Elder, are you getting my posts? I have a strange feeling that my comments aren't posting. Please confirm. Bp Dooley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photos. You are doing a great job, Elder. Looks like you are living your dream on the island. Keep up the great work and finish strong. I am trying to do the same - less than 3 months to my 5-year mark. So, which of us will be released first??? Bp Dooley

    ReplyDelete