Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014~ "May Your Character Preach More Loudly Than Your Words"

1.  Dad and I were wondering how many AP's there are...Are there any AP's in Belize or are they just in El Salvador? 
There are 4 in El Salvador and 2 here in Belize... they just added the 2 here in Belize 

Wow Nate Buchanan is done?! Crazy that time is starting to come up for everyone.  I was just talking to Stin about that this past week.  Sucks to hear about Stocks team losing but I'm glad he got to see and experience a winning and successful team... it always makes things better and sets a good standard. People slacking in school huh? Sounds like I need to be there to show everyone up haha... just kidding.  I feel like I know nothing and I'm glad I am not having to deal with finals and all that crap yet. Well I will tell you about my week now...

So where I am at I feel alone...separated from everyone almost like I'm stranded on an island on my mission...oh wait thats because I am on an island!!!!!!!! My new area is San Pedro the island area here in Belize!!!! It is so cool ..I don't even know where to begin!


First, we ride a boat to the island just about every week... its like an hour and a half off the mainland. Second its beautiful here! There are also tons of tourists and cars are rare... all they use here are golf karts... but we still use bikes unfortunately haha. You can see the beach from the house and just about anywhere we are at... its so cool! Our house is super nice too.  I have one of the nicest in the mission.. we even have a nice oven! The downside is we have a washing machine and I have to wash my own clothes now...hahah. There are 4 missionaries here and they are all cool guys. My comp is Elder Tello from Guatemala City. He speaks good English and is the first latino on the island in a long while. He is really cool and we get along perfect! If you wanna try and contact his mom she also speaks English and served a Mission in the States. Here is really the only place I could have gone other than Santa Elena and been happy... God knows me too well! So I will be here for 8 weeks because this change is a long change so I'm happy to know I am in good circumstances! Also Stin is in my zone so I see him every week and Elder Purser is also! We have good potential too to baptize some people though it is hard because its pretty much known as Sin Island. The branch is struggling but haven't all of the branches I have been in? Just means MORE WORK! I'm super excited to work and be here. Sorry I don't have a lot of pictures.  I will get a lot more next week! Also we had our branch Christmas party and had like 100 people there! It was really fun but the downside is like none came to church the next day...we will work on that. Before I close... the "senior missionaries" here are named the Aldons. They are super chill but they aren't your average senior couple because they live here on the island and never intended to serve actually. They are members who moved here and Pres Hintze has asked them to help out in the mission so they are the senior missionaries here and didn't have to leave home. They also live in the States,  Elder Aldon was the creator of SkullCandy headphones actually haha! But they went back to the States yesterday and told me they will be passing through Layton on their way there and their way back and if you guys wanted to send anything with them they are more than happy and will be coming back with empty suitcases so they will have room. I thought it might be a good opportunity to use to get some things that I maybe need like material things. I'll send you their info so you can contact them but they don't come back here till 15th of Jan. So I will keep you updated on that ok? Thanks for the support guys...I love you Mom and peeps! 

Elda Clev



Saying Goodbye to Santa Elena

Santa Elena Goodbye Party

New AREA

New Area....San Pedro Island

New Companion Elder Tello


0 comments:

Post a Comment