Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 21, 2014~"Courage not Compromise Brings the Smile of God's Approval"-Thomas S. Monson

1.  Iris Ramirez posted some pictures on my timeline of you.  I told her Thanks!  They were in the church..was there some sort of activity going on?   
Yeah we are starting a new thing.  Every Saturday we have activities...first we play soccer than we had a baptism then the English classes and so yeah fun day!

2. You received a friend request from a "Michelle De Leon".(El Salvador)..should I accept it?
Yes! haha.. she is funny... a member in my area

3. Have things gotten better with the ZL's yet?
Things are getting better for sure

You didn't leave too much for me to comment on this past week.  Sounds like everything is progressing though so that is good.  I guess I will just start into my week then...

I don't know how I would describe this past week... kinda like a roller-coaster or something... definitely some good and not so fun experiences. I will start from the top.. on Tuesday we had interviews with President which was awesome.  Usually the missionaries just say everything is good and yeah but I have been having a lot of questions and not a whole lot of answers on certain things so I saw it as an opportunity to really get to talk to him and ask him questions about what he thinks about things and experiences in his mission... it was sweet. Something he told me that really stuck out to me was he said "I played sports, I loved sports, I had fun, but it wasn't always like that.  There were days where I was tired, hungry, thirsty and didn't wanna go to practice but if you ask me if I loved playing and had fun I would say that was the number one thing I had" ... later he said "that is how the mission and the gospel should be, there will be crappy bad days but you gotta have fun that is what its all about" He then invited me to always set up a tournament or something to get more people to come to the church even if they don't get baptized its a win for the church. My advice for everyone is do everything you can to help others get to know the church even if they don't get baptized.  If they leave with a better understanding its a win for the church.

Other things I learned this week is we are teaching this kid named Angel.  He is 14 but I gotta tell you he is the coolest kid ever. He is ping pong champ of Zaragoza and is way smart. He understands the lessons the way they should be and always has way cool questions that  I have never heard from anyone.  We just need to get him to church so help me with that please! Last night he prayed and it was one of the most sincere prayers  I have ever heard... when he said thanks for having the missionaries find me it was so awesome! After I realized how another 14 year old boy named Joesph Smith could have had the experiences he had and that even though he was young the Lord confounds the wise with the unlearned. To end I got a surprise yesterday... Alciria and Gabriella were at my church yesterday! I walked in and saw them and was like what the freak?! They were visiting in Puerto I guess which is by here and decided to stay one day more to go to church here. It was awesome to see them again and to talk to them! Haha everyone thought I was some snake or something but I know its nothing like that... Alciria is my Salvadoreña mom! haha well thats all I got this week have a good week... love you Mom, fam, and friends!
Elder Clev





Elder Talla, Gabriella, Elder Cleverly

Gabriella and Alciria..his first baptisms in Mission...were at his church visiting..Surprise!



0 comments:

Post a Comment