Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014~"If Today You are A Little Better than You were Yesterday, Then That's Enough"~ Elder David A. Bednar

1. Who is Elder Williams from the MTC? Were you guys good buds in the MTC? I don't remember you mentioning him before.
He was in my district and his twin was my roommate there too.

2. Sick eh? Did you eat something or drink something bad? 
Who knows but I feel great now!

3. Where did Stin get transferred to? 
He is in a place called Itzalco as a DL.

Dang sounds like Ryan did work at 7 on 7..Did he play JV or Varsity?
Ill be sure to keep Gpa in my prayers and we all know trials pass by in our lives for a reason and God has his reasons.  I am sure everything will be all good though. 

This past week is hard to describe. Not too much went on but at the same time a lot did. As for teaching and prospects, all of this week our investigators have been doing worse and worse. Antonio doesn't want to get married even though he knows its what he needs to do.  He doesn't want to give up his freedom that he has...I know its sad. The others two sisters that we had been teaching are part of some weird religion made up from some South Korean who believes in the biggest nonsense you could think of. And as for news, we had very little...a frustrating week. We did put a goal for visiting 25 less actives, as that is the goal for the mission every week and we did accomplish that as a District.  It was so cool yesterday... everyone had to work so hard in each area to do it and at night when I asked for each number we all got exactly what we needed.  I was so happy! Now its just maintaining that and working in other areas. Patience has always been something I have lacked but I am being patient and waiting for the success to come as we keep achieving our goals that Papa Hintze gives us.  It was so nice to report that number to him too.

Sometimes in life we do all we can and achieve our goals but still nothing happens how we want. As God says "my ways are not your ways, nor your thoughts mine", or something like that haha. We also finally received the Liahona with the conference talks. I love going back and seeing what I missed because I do every time. I can say that I delight in the words of the prophets and hope that you guys are doing the same. Remember that if we just choose this day to do what the Lord wants he will bless us then move onto the next day. Problems today will be better tomorrow if we do so. I realized I don't bear much testimony in my letters but I know that this gospel is true and I will say it to anyone who thinks otherwise as happened this past week.  Someone tried to tell me I am wasting my time. I know I am here because of the truth and that we all can help bring people to this same knowledge. I love you Mom, Fam, and friends... stay strong in the gospel!
Elder Clev





0 comments:

Post a Comment