Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014~ "Sacrifice is made Sweet to us when we Treasure the Joy it brings to Another Heart"~ Pres. Henry B. Eyring

1.  How did Carmen's b-day party go? How is the teaching going with the Cedillos?
It was awesome!!!

2.  Details/Plans for phone call for Mother's Day?...will you be Skyping? What day & time? 
Ok so on Sunday we will be Skyping... time we are not sure just be ready in the afternoon from 1 to 7 because we have no idea

Funny thing... last p-day the other Elder got switched out right after writing so now its just Me and Elder Talla alone in the house again and with a huge area but wants me to look for a house for......HERMANAS

Dang wedding announcments what is this? I knew Skyller would get married fast and thats cool for Haden because she is strong in the church and he really has changed his life for the better.  You want consistant weather? here it rains in a second... hard.. it sucks haha

Well my week was different as is every week! More last minute things and pulling things together. So on Pday Elder Goodman left and now its just me and my right hand man Elder Talla! We have been doing work especially this past week. We had the bday party which was awesome.  The whole family of 12 love us and we are now part of their family! We hope to be able to teach all of them and hopefully 12 baptisms!!! We went by again later in the week and put baptismal fechas with Antonio, Carmen, Cristofer and Julio and also with another guy named Dolores ...yes Dolores all of these fechas are for this week.   Dolores 11th and the family Cedillos 10th so we should be swimming in the water this week haha! We watched the Testaments with the family and you could really feel the Spirit there... it was awesome.  Me and Elder Talla really can compliment each other in lessons too and bring the Spirit...I love it!

Also bigger news!! We baptized Adela, the mom of Julie and Marcos!!!!!   On Thursday we passed by and had been trying to put the date for the 3rd of May for probably a month now and every cita we had brought it up, invited her and she would deny not once or twice but multiple times. She had a ton of confidence in Elder Gonzalez and when he left I honestly thought all hope was lost. She was soooo hard.  I couldn't even describe it... definitely a miracle. She knew everything, it was just the change and actually doing the things because she would always go to church. She told us in class at church she had to read a part in principios de evangelio (gospel principles) and when we heard what it was it had exactly to do with her situation and she said it choked her that she almost couldn't speak and that was her sign. So on Thursday night we put the fecha and I was just waiting everyday for her to change it but she didn't. We baptized her in the capilla of the temple because she wanted that and freak was that hard enough. So we went and I called Elder Reynolds the night before to bring baptismal clothing and keys for the church and of course it was all cool but they came late and Adela had an appointment and not too much time. After Elder Reynolds opened the door but he didn't unlock it, so if it shut it would lock again. Well we went outside to take a picture and the chair in the way someone moved and it locked us out! I was stressing out so bad when all of a sudden some random kid comes walking out of the church... don't know what he was doing there but truly a blessing!  After I drained the pila I gave a fist pump in the pila haha..I had too. Well that was pretty much my week hope everything made sense...I'm not really thinking just typing but hope you guys have a good week and I will see you guys Sunday woo! love you guys!
Elder Clev

My buddy Elder Reynolds (brother of Imagine Dragons)

TACO BELL





Adela's Baptism


Elder B Clev's bow and arrow

0 comments:

Post a Comment