Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014... "Your life is your message to the world. ..Make it inspiring."

1. So that Elder that you met at the conference from the Santa Ana Mission,
Elder Thornton I think, you said he went to Northridge...did you know him?
Yeah I did a little. He is better friends with Stin

2. Do you still have your lunch made for you? What types of food do you make
for yourself when you make your food? Do you eat at members houses very
often?
Ya, um whatever I can find...lately smoothies with naranjas (oranges) mahonchos
or tiny fat bananas haha and they are freakin good. We eat
occasionally at members, not too much its lame

3. So you guys really did make ties out of Jeans?  Whose came up with that
idea and where did you get the jeans?
Yeah haha... Elder Paulson did it so we did too for cambios.  We bought
the jeans.. it was way cheap like 3 bucks haha

4.  With splitting your area, do you have to share your apartment?
Yeah its stupid

5.  How is Elder Smith?  Is he adjusting good?
He is doing good as ever and I think is adjusted now... everything is
all good as always

Sounds like a good week for you.. with the new oven and microwave.. now all it
needs is me and the house would be good haha just kidding. I'm glad you
finally got to bake cookies especially since I'm not there to make them
anymore but I know how much you always liked them the way you bake them
and that I never could do them that way ever. But as long as they
weren't like Dads its all good. That is cool you got to go do that
activity and had some time for yourself as you usually don't which I
don't know how you do it  haha.  You truly  are my example and hero to be able to
manage the kids you have haha, especially me. Glad to hear Ryan is
getting a start on things.  I love reading the Book of Mormon.  The things I love reading now
are gospel things, knowledge of it ..its so interesting. Yes, I'm interested in family
history too... its pretty interesting to be honest!

Sorry nothing much happened this week so this letter will be kinda
short but as for my week  I have gotten the hang of being a DL a little
bit.  Its different and what I have learned from it is like what Jesus
taught.. that the greatest of you all are to be the servants. I know
that through this leadership that I can change myself by helping
others.  Its being there for others and not worrying about yourself..
something you are always good at. Also a lot of praying for other
peoples needs and not my own as everyone's success is my own... Haha.
This week workwise though we tried helping Guillermo but it has turned
into a mess and I tried in the most convincing way to change his mind about his lifestyle...
for 2  hours.  The thing is though is that you know me that I don't budge
and it started getting a little heated so I stopped it. Our
relationship is still good with him though.  After we were all good but
I realized the Spirit wasn't there and it didn't matter how convincing I
am... that its the Spirit that converts. So this week that is going to be
my focus. Something else is... I learn more knowledge about the Gospel
because we never know it all... some scriptures I found about this are Mosiah
4:11-12  and Mosiah 18:26 and Alma 32:34. My challenge to all of you is to
read this and learn more about something.. as knowledge can bring
blessings as well or help to learn how to bring more blessings.
We found a couple more potentials but that is it for now.
They had elections this week... yesterday actually and they
are different here. They all vote in one day and its like a college
football game.  There are tents outside, people eating and making food..
really weird.   For church we only had sacrament then went home and we
could only meet with members for the day but that didn't matter because no one
was home anyways.  Everyone is out voting then they go out to
eat...sinners haha. So yeah we had to return even earlier too because of
the parties at night. Well I am surprised I didn't hear about your guys super
bowl party... we had ours haha not! Guillermo invited us over to watch...He was
probably the only SalvadoreƱo watching haha, but I had to take a part of
my heart out and decline haha.. it hurt.
Well that is it guys.  I hope you have a great week.  Love you Mom and thanks for
all you have done as I'm learning from the example you have given all my
life. Love you guys... keep it shaggy!
Elder Clev

Our superbowl party and my pick...sadly...


Our Superbowl party and my pick...sadly

Pretending he is watching the Superbowl and hoping it was his team scoring

0 comments:

Post a Comment