Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014...."If You are Always trying to be Normal, You will Never Know How Amazing YOU Can Be"

1.   Tell me about the other 2 Elders that you have to share the apartment with.  Name, Where are they from? How are you getting along with them?
Um.. they are both latinos named Elder Gonzalez and Elder Jolon one from Columbia and one from Guate. They are good.  It just hard because one is brand new and the other came from the office.

2. What was the most AMAZING thing that happened this week?  
Honestly nothing..This week was lame again. We did see this guy with an orange Iguana riding a bike which was weird.  I also got my hair cut by a gay today and it was awesome.   He massaged my head and I didn't even care haha.

3.  How many missionaries are you over in your District? 
4

Yeah DL is not bad and now I am already starting to hear the rumors about ZL in a couple cambios...oh great...I feel like God gives me a heads up by having people drop hints... like that is what happened with trainer and with DL but its all good..I need the extra help. Elections really are like a tailgating party.  The thing is that something happened where no one won enough votes so they are having another votaciones next month ...great another day that we can't work...

I'm glad your enjoying the oven... maybe it will last longer too because we are all growing up and won't ruin AS MUCH stuff haha.  I know stuff probably gets broken. I miss the Olympics but i would rather miss these ones than the summer ones so its all good!   One thing I wanna try and do when I get home is not change as much.  I wanna have a good relationship with everyone and be able to help out where I can. I know it will be hard but thats why we have goals... not to accomplish them easily. But I remember the lectures about money haha... I will never say the words that ¨you were right¨ about me needing to earn more money before the Mish but I will say I probably should have haha...I still have my hard to budge pride! haha! Thats cool that the Superbowl was lame haha..In Wendys last week they were replaying it.  I wasn't interested at all and I didn't even have the temptation to watch. Thats cool about Ryan now he needs to do work... also sweet about Cloe.  I remember talking to her when we played tennis before I left and she said she wanted to go but I know things change so thats cool. That is nuts about Cass... she is not and won't ever be 18 to me haha. Glad Ryan got ordained next up Elder for him! woohoo! haha.
Onto my week...

To be honest this is going to be short. Nothing really happened... just pure hard work and not a lot of news. We have been working really hard and evaluating ourselves because we haven't had that baptism yet. Something though is that I don't wanna be a missionary that just baptizes... but one that does everything I'm supposed to. That is strengthening this Rama (Branch) not just adding to it. We have found a couple new families so we will see how those work out. Also we were teaching Guillermo again and I thought I had him. I went home the last time and studied everything I could.  I pulled out scripture after scripture and the spirit was there this time...I could feel it and knew I was teaching by it but just when I thought that he had got it...he would say he can't change. It came to the point where a voice told me its not our time. So right then I thanked him for everything and told him as Missionaries we help people especially those who wanna change. And our time is precious because its not ours... its the Lords. I told him that there are others out there and that we need the time to find them so we can't waste time with him if he understands everything, knows the consequences very clearly, knows he can't do this and have salvation and still not want to change. So we dropped him which was hard but he understood and I told him before we left.. remember what we taught you because one day you will need this advice.   It really was hard but I'm starting to get more experiences... not all of them are good but that's life for ya, you win some against Layton some crazy way, and you lose some against Syracuse even though you thought you should have and could have won.

Well that was my week.  I hope you guys enjoy the cake and ice cream this week as I might buy some too to celebrate haha... also its Valentines Day so tell Stock to stay away from the ladies...and let them come to him! haha kidding. Well love you Mom.  Hope you have a great week and the rest of the clan back at home! Till next week!
Elder B Clev


2 comments:

  1. Elder Cleverly, I'd really like to see that an orange iguana riding a bike. If you re-read how you worded it, that's what comes across - FUNNY.

    Get pumped up about teaching - something exciting is just ahead. Be ready for it!!

    Bishop Dooley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say "...see an orange iguana riding a bike."

    ReplyDelete