Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

1.  Is the Beach in your Zone?  How long did it take to get there?
 Uh no... its way far away haha... its like an hour and a half to 2 hours away so we took a special trip because my Zone is cool like that.

2.   I thought you would like to know that in the empty lot near the Subway/DQ they are building a Taco Bell...haha! One of your favorite places...they obviously had to wait till you were gone :)
Thats so stupid. There is a Taco Bell here but far away

3.  How many missionaries are in your District?
There are 10 Elders ...one is Elder Paulson...he is from Utah and is a really cool guy... I love that man

4.  What was one of the most frustrating things that happened this past week?
Frustrating hmm....probably that we had intercambios twice and we have like no one to visit and I was with the Zone and District leaders

5.  Do you walk mostly or take the bus often?
Um a good combination of both

6.  You said you wanted me to send picture in the Christmas package...what kind of pictures? (Family, Friends?)
BOTH! haha

7.  Chocolate candy melts because of the heat there...do you still want me to send it even though it will melt into one big piece? The gummy candy might do the same....any other ideas?
Ummm nah... send like skittles and starburst then and whatever else you can think of that I like.

This week not a ton happened... but a normal week in El Salvador is
crazy compared to at home! haha.   Our investigators are doing so good they want to be baptized and are doing everything they need to.   They struggle with cafe, especially the mom, but when we taught the WoW they accepted to give it up just like that! I said I would give up soda with them but they won't let me haha...
they say I need that to survive 
here haha! But their names are Alsilia and Gabriella...I don't know last names haha.  I'll find that out! But I did have intercambios twice this week... once with my District Leader, who's a latino and then yesterday and
today with my zone leader Elder Ralphs who is from Idaho.  He is going to BYU after.  He is a pretty cool dude to say the least and a great missionary.

Umm really not too much happened.   We killed a rat with my Branch President haha.. and they are building a Wendys to replace the KFC right by me now.  Also we met this crazy Asian guy... yeah an asian in El Salvador who speaks English and who says he can cure cancer and went on to explain how easy yet complicated it was... it was so hard to not laugh! Then he said how he studied our church when he was 9 and that its wrong... those are the normals here mom.   Other than that just livin the missionary life.   I saw Elder Gottschalk, my bro from home.  It sucks that he leaves soon though! Also we had our newbie meeting and I got to see everyone I came down with ...all still doing good. The only thing that is hard is that we have like no one to teach and are still trying to find people and it sucks because you get rejected a ton but thats what you gotta do.  Its hard to be diligent but I know it will pay
off.  Thanks for everything mom... I love you and everyone at home and keep doing what you guys do! and yes we drowned the rat hahaha and broke its back.
Elder Clev


Elder Cleverly and Elder Gottschalk, who went to Northridge High and is from Layton




0 comments:

Post a Comment