Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014~"Life is Better When You Are Laughing"

1.  Did you enjoy your Birthday? 
Freakin all out on the bday!

2.  When you have torn your pants riding the bike, were you able to get them fixed/sew it? 
Not yet haha...I need to do that

3.  Will you be able to go to the ruins while you are there? 
Yeah...I want to so bad too!

4. Does it feel hotter there than El Salvador or is it about the same?
Yes it is but you get used to it!

5.  What are the stores like there? Little?
 No they are kinda the same...I like them better actually

Dang sounds like football isn't going too cool but hey hopefully when I get there it will be! I loved playing and even though I didn't get too many balls my way, I didn't need to know that I was a good player (thats confidence not cockiness haha) and sometimes it takes ONE person to be a man and take a lesser role and be more humble to get more wins as a TEAM. I've always liked the underdog underestimated role. Sorry not too much to comment on but  I will go to my week.

So this week was awesome!!!! I am now 20 ...what the heck..I'm old...haha.  Work wise was still kinda hard because we have had so many problems ...not with us but with other things like having meetings and doing stuff for others in the District or Zone but you gotta work with what you have. This week  I got to meet Pres Duncan, our area president, as well as Brother Durrant and Pres Hintze as well as all of their wives. We had 2 meetings, one Wednesday night in Belize city which was a 3 hours bus trip and 3 hours back and another just for missionaries Thursday morning... another 3 hours there and back but it was so worth it! Truly a spiritual feast and they are so awesome! To hear my Mission President speak alongside General Authorities and there was no drop off ...Pres Hintze is a future Apostle haha... you can see how he is called of God as well and is just as much a General Authority as the others.  They all just killed it and gave so much inspiration! I wish I could write everything that I learned but to be honest its hard to put it into words. They said one of the best examples of the Lord hastening his work is here in Belize. We are working on getting the first Stake here and it is so close...I hope I can be here when it happens. They also talked about an invitation I would like to extend to you guys. They showed us how to invite people to talk to the missionaries or accept to hear the gospel. They said start out a normal conversation then find a way to tie in the church or talk about the church and ask them "would you be willing to hear a brief presentation about (blank)" then if they say yes get their info and if they say no just keep going on with the conversation! Brother Durrant said he got tons of no's but it was ok! Look up Brief and Willing on youtube to see more. We all can help spread the Gospel in simple little ways. I wish I had more to say but its hard to put everything into words. I'm loving life,  I am as happy as can be and I am so blessed and grateful...I mean I GET TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL! How am I  so blessed, I don't know but I love it. Keep working hard and being good examples.  I love you guys and Mom and hope you guys continue what you are doing!
Elder Clev

P.S. Send more pictures you guys are slacking!!!! and more pics in packages!!!   Also if you want any stone carvings, the guy does them for about 20 dollars (10 US) and any picture or thing you want. I thought you might like some and he can write things on them as well just if you were interested.


Presidente Duncan (Area Pres)

Brother Durrant

Spendin the B-day on the bus

Car ferry on the river!

Thugga

Stone carving

Preach My Gospel


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Elder (again). Sounds like you are in a good area. Man, Brother Durrant is tall. Is he the same Durrant that played basketball for BYU decades ago? Keep up the good work, Elder. It's good to see you happy and doing the work! Bishop

    ReplyDelete