Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014~"Choose Your Friends with Caution, Plan Your Future with Purpose and Frame Your Life with Faith"

1. If I send you some pictures in the Christmas box, what are some suggestions of pictures that you would like?
Any... get creative like I do!!!

2. How big of a place is Santa Elena?  Is it countryside or more city like?
Its like a ghetto city... its the twin city of San Ignacio which is right next to here 

3. What experience this week stood out the most to you?
Ummm.... you know I'll tell below

4. Are there a lot of insects/bugs around?
Yes ...I saw a tarantula the size of my hand this past week and freaked out

So I heard about Scoots dad through my hook ups I got here on da mish. I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers..sounds like a fun homecoming game but still just not the same as when I was playing idk it might just be me but I don't think so! Sucks to hear bout Stock's team but he is good.  He has all of the physical and talents needed and just needs someone (me) haha jk that can refine or improve his game... but anyways I will send a pic where I live next week.  I did hear from Kevin and am so happy.   I have been truly blessed being on the mission and my friends are all changing for the better. I freaking love it!   Sounds like everyone has problems driving too... they were not as good as me in not getting caught :) hahah I still got it!!! but onto the events...

Finally a good normal kinda week! It was a fun and good one.  We found a ton of good, new, positive people and I just love being here and improving in this part of the world. The branch here needs a lot of help...I mean a lot.  I have heard its one of the worst branches in the mission and I love that...I mean it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy right?! We do have one of the best members who hasn't even been a member for a year yet and he is the only one that gets it. So its really hard.  Our best young man went apostate this past week and we are really starting from new.   None of the missionaries before did anything in helping the branch... just baptizing people who go inactive.. kinda like my last area so I gotta do the dirty work and help this place and leave it feeling like I did when I left Zaragoza.

So contacting people here is so easy, like we found this guy named Wilbur who has or had a way sick Fro... so you know I had to talk to him and we taught him and he is pretty positive ...haha his sister is way religious and taught with us which wasn't really teaching haha.  She said she had the priesthood and Wilbur just sat there like my sister is crazy haha and he left his friends smoking weed and listening to reggae the second time we came by to listen to us and while he was praying said God I pray to you while I'm listening to this music...which is kinda disturbing ...it was the funniest prayer but then we have found a part member family named the Chiacs as well as a guy named Abner who is a chef.  Those are kind of our most positives for right now but its definitely getting better. I love the grind and how hard it is... most wouldn't but I take no better pride than to think God trusts me enough to lift where I stand which is a hard area. We will have success.... that is my mindset and keeping an open mind that success can be more than just baptizing but I hope I can baptize as well here. Well thats kinda the happenings for the week.  We went to the ruins this morning that is why I'm writing so late but keep moving forward and being the beautiful people you are haha...Love you Mom and Fam and friends!!!!
Elda Clev

Elder Cleverly thinking he is spider man...or something haha

Maybe he is thinking he is Indiana Jones?




Day at the booth at the market.  The missionaries greet shoppers as they hit the market on Saturday morning.  The free juice is great, and they share a message.  From left to right:  Elder Galvez, Brandon (new convert), Elder Stoker, Elder Boyer, Elder Richardson, Jason (new convert), Elder Viera, Elder Cleverly, Elder Jack, Elder Tello, Sister De Leon, Sister Jensen and Nigel (a faithful member)

0 comments:

Post a Comment