1. Since you are now in Belize, Is there someone that does your laundry?
Yes but its kinda sketchy and I feel like they don't want to.
2. Why didn't you take a picture of the Tarantula you saw?
I did! I'll send that pic
3. What did you think of the ruins? Was it cool? You sent the pics but didn't say much about it....
Yes it was way cool! There are other sites too
4. Do you get invited to eat over at others homes there in Belize?
Not really but its all chill
5. Do you live close to the Church? How long does it take to get there?
Its like 5 minutes on bike ...15 walking.. so kinda close
If I bring my journal than I end up reading more than I am writing! I'm sorry to hear about Scoot ...that is such a good family. I wish the best for them!!!
You sure it was Austin that got on the field?? Why don't I believe that ahaha!! That sweet though he be reppin it! So sorry for my crappy English but I now write how I speak here and sometimes don't notice! Thanks for the pics though ...they were awesome! Keep sendin dem!
I wish I could have been there for the temple dedication but I will for sure have to go to that temple after..It sounds like I actually missed out! As for all my friends...I love all those guys... they are the best. Its so cool to tell people about all my friends!
Well as for my week... man was it kinda a boring one ...workwise!!! So we had Tuesday and Wednesday where we had full days to go out and work and they were good finding more people and really trying to change this area! We are trying to get the Branch President more involved so we went to his house which is far with the Sister Missionaries ...Sis. Olalere and Sis. Montes. (this is how his Companion, Elder Jack described the visit...."We have been laboring to rebuild the Branch after all of this moving and becoming inactive, so on Tuesday we decided to visit our evasive Branch President at his house-all the way by Spanish Lookout. So Elder and Sister Rinderknecht drove us and the sisters to his house. It was the first time at his house for all of us since it is over an hour drive away, and my breath was taken away! He has a ranch of a few hundred miles in Spanish Lookout, which is described by many as a Tropical Switzerland in appearance. So it was very pretty with all of the rolling rolling green hills and palm trees, with the sheep and cattle grazing. On his land there is a big problem with Black Panthers killing the cattle. Some of the Mennonites on the surrounding land are about to contract hunters to kill them. He told us to be careful on his land because one in particular liked to stay near the house. You can imagine how excited I was to hear that. It was hard to focus on the emergency meeting with a beautiful view, a breeze coming through the door of his electricity-less, comfortable home, and a possibility of seeing a panther in the distant trees. But we nevertheless had a very productive meeting that resolved many of the concerns that we had. He called a councilor on Sunday, so we are only going to need to be the Second councilor. That was a relief.) It was good but hard because I am not familiar with all the members still so the names everyone was throwing around were hard to know who was who. I'm good at remembering things but the only thing is that here members sometimes don't come as often... even if they have a calling and all the good members have District callings so they sometimes don't come to our Branch. It is really hard but I know I am learning a lot and lovin it! The church is really young here and from talking to members, Pres. Hintze has been the best Mission President they have had who has actually cared about Belize. So we are like pioneer missionaries here... its cool to think about!!
On Thursday I had to go to Belize City AGAIN! because I am still not fully legal here so every month I have to go there till I become legal... after that we had a fireside with Elder Alonzo the new area 70. He came to San Ignacio... it was cool and he talked about how the progress here depends on the members and promised there would be more than one temple here someday... super awesome!! The next day we had a multizona with just missionaries and him and he said a ton of cool things. Pres was also there but Hermana Hintze wasn't.. she was back in the states because her dad died... but now she is back. Elder Alonzo talked about how a lot of the scriptures talk about the Atonement and we usually don't realize it and don't talk about the Atonement as often as we should. He also gave a strong promise to the Senior missionaries who are trying to learn Spanish and I feel bad because it never said that they would have to know Spanish when they left and there is still a lot of Spanish here and they are struggling. But he comforted them by saying they will get the language. Then on Saturday we had a Branch Independence Day Activity because Belize Independence was yesterday... but no one showed up! It was raining and here the rain makes you really sick so no one ever is out in the rain... its ridicualous.... so we cleaned everything up and then everyone came! haha So then we did a tiny activity. On Sunday was Independence Day and we only had 35 in church and only had Sacrament...its sad how this country is just not a God fearing country...but then we stayed and worked with the Sisters because there were drunks everywhere and the parade which is pretty much just walking naked people so we kept strong but had no one to talk to because everyone was out partying! Hard week but hey everyone has em! Well I'm doing great as usual and loving life . Weird September is already ending! Hope you all are doing just as good as I am! Love you Mom and errbody!!!
Elda Clev
Here is a story from his Companion, Elder Jack, that describes an experience they had a few weeks ago that I really enjoyed reading about....
"We got to play with dragon wasps, and little bee's this week too! But this time not at our house. This time it was the key to break the ice barrier with the Chiac family (the less-actives we found last week). We didn't really click with them at first, because they really don't know the church much at all. They got baptized a few years back, and then missionaries got taken out of Santa Elena, so they immediately went inactive. They don't know any of the members, or much of the doctrine, and they haven't talked to missionaries in years. But luckily Elder Cleverly noticed a big bee and wasp problem they had, so he offered our help to take care of them. so the next morning, I put on a long sleeve shirt, tied bags on my hands, climbed a ladder, and grabbed a huge bee hive off of their house to throw it as far as I could. Only one bee stung me when they started chasing me!! Totally worth it. Then we smashed the "dragon" wasp nests, escaping without a single sting. The Chiac family thought that we were absolutely crazy. As did all of their neighbors as they gathered around to watch. As did I. But now they absolutely love us, and invited us to eat at their house. President Hintze has been telling us to "stand on a wall" as did Samuel, and do something different. So we decided to stand in a bee-hive. :-) Whatever works, right? "
 |
| Look whats for Dinner |
 |
| Made a friend |
Good message Elder Cleverly. And I liked the pics - so, did the tarantula kill the chicken? ;-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having fun - hope the investigators become converts. Bishop