1. In your house, is it just you and Elder Jack or do other missionaries live with you as well?
Just us
2. Did you get your package? Sis. Hintze told me she was going to take it to you last week...if so did the M&M's get there without melting all over?
Yup I did! Thanks... the m&ms are perfect... nothing happeneed to them! Everything else is there too
3. Sis. Hintze said when I send packages to you to send them to Belize because you will get them faster. She said to ask you about what P.O. Box your area is?
I don't know yet haha...I will get on that
4. How many members are in your branch? Do you meet in a chapel?
There are like 75 but its one of the struggling branches in the country so I still am not catching a break haha
5. Wow, you get to ride bikes? Don't you like that better than walking or is it more tiring?
It is soooo much better because my area is flat too!
6. What are the people like there? Very friendly or more reserved?
The people here are so chill.. i don't know how else to describe them... just really chill
7. Are you teaching anyone?
Yes we are.... a couple we found want to get married which is rare here as well as another guy we found who wants to change his life named Abner. He is a Chef so maybe he can show me how to cook more things
8. What is Elder Jack like? Does he like sports?
He is a good guy. He likes hiking.
I really am trying to keep my Spanish as well as learn some Creole! The Rinderknects are awesome...I freakin love those guys and definitely I am going fishing with Elder Rinderknect one day! That is soo sick about Kevin! Please get in contact with him... that makes me so happy! That is cool about the whole sports happenings this week. I got a guy in my Branch from Utah who gives me some updates but he likes the Utes haha. And of course Tom has the best team..I love that guy and he just can't get away from coaching can he? That is so awesome that you guys brought families to the temple! I'm impressed you guys are doing missionary work from at home! Keep it up! I'll keep everyone in my prayers don't worry and thanks for the money. I will be sure to get something cool! Well onto the week...
So this computer is way slow so it might be short but this week. We did a lot of running around for the sisters in our District... meeting investigators as well as doing other favors because 2 got sick. We also had District Conference this week which is Stake Conference there and we brought these 3 kids Friday for a fireside, Saturday and Sunday... they love to go to church.. its awesome! The District Conference was about the temple and there were so many great talks. Prez came as well. Its so weird because during they had translators because not all spoke Spanish or English haha.. really weird because I heard the same thing twice! Then this morning we went and helped a member who is a stonecutter, go get stone and it was awesome. We went to the jungle pretty much and we saw toucans and all types of animals. I was just waiting for monkeys but sadly we didn't see any, but for helping him he is gonna cut something for me so we shall see! Well other than getting my pants destroyed by the bikes ( getting caught in the chains, ripping where the butt is and all) it was a good week! I'm learning more about this place and I love it here!
Crazy I will be 20...I don't even feel like it. I will get to spend my b-day though with Elder Duncan, our Area President who is coming as well as Brother Durrant from the Sunday School Presidency in Belize City so it will be a different b-day for sure! I'm doing great and I am having the time of my life. I love my mission and to be able to do the things I can! Sorry, I feel like I left out a ton ...maybe next week I will get a better computer! Love you guys and Mom keep up the good work!
Elder Clev
 |
Brudda Griffith ...this guy is a legend and sings hymns like a boss!!
|
 |
| Jungle! |
Elder Cleverly, it seems like you are having way too much fun!! No, really, I am glad you are enjoying your mission, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Cool photos - we saw something like that on our family vacation to Hawaii 17-24 Aug, especially on our hike to Manoa Falls - whether it's Hawaii or Belize, it's beautiful. Keep up the great work, Elder. Bishop
ReplyDelete