Glad to hear that Ridge got to get a win even if it was JV... good practice for next year! Awesome to hear Ryan is doing good too. Who knows maybe he will play because he has been the past couple of weeks and I am sure if the other guy gets in its just because its his last year but I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan started because its Layton and they wanna win... not just let people feel good. It could be a good advantage for Ryan for next year... maybe already solidifying his spot. KEEP NORTHRIDGE CITY!
I knew Stock would make it...I had no worries about that! You know I will be sure to bring him down a few levels in confidence haha..I'm good at that! And he has a phone?! what is this?! haha
Try and make it to Kevin's farewell and if you can tell him good luck for me and that I am proud of him even though I write him and tell him that anyways haha.
Anyways onto the week...
We had some more successes this week but its still going little by little. We had interchanges this past week and I had to lead my area. There was a lot I wanted to do but more than anything I wanted to find new peeps. So all day in the rain we contacted... it was so fun!!! My ZL is Latino and can't speak English very well so I was talking the whole time... very tiring but fun! We found this 18 year old kid named Keon who is a cyclist. Super chill kid... the only problem is he is a JW. But as a JW they can't accept visits from anyone is what he told us but that he felt like he had to. While talking you could tell he has grown up in his church but doesn't believe it. He respects it but he said cycling is over everything for him... haha so you know I had to testify that sports are good and from God haha and that in our church we want people to enjoy themselves in sports as long as it isn't excessive. We taught the 1st lesson and he understood everything and said he would pray to know if it was true but couldn't accept the pamphlet or schedule another visit so we have to pass by randomly to see how he is doing. I told him before leaving how I was raised in the church but had to develop my own testimony and that he needs to really find what is his beliefs and own testimony. I hope we can pass by and he sees what he needs to do...I could see his potential... it was so cool and I have been praying ever since for the guy...as for other peeps, Wilbur is still on his work vacation and so pray for him too that he can come back and have read and prayed during his trip!
I know its hard to read this and know I don't teach a lot of people... its hard here but know that I am doing the best I can and I really feel like God sees my efforts and knows me and is happy with me. Just like in the Book of Mormon, the people here are deep in sin and wickedness...I don't like to say it but its true. The best I can do is just keep doing my thang and God will bless me one of these times. As you can see I have been thinking about this the past week and staying positive! Know I am working and doing my best and even though I don't have numbers and names I do feel the little successes of my work.. just like in football I didn't get all the stats but I did play and work just as hard. Well thats my little message and hope y'all are doing good and have a good week! Love ya Mom and Peeps!
Elda Clev
Monday, October 20, 2014
October 20, 2014~"Your Hardest Times Often Lead to the Greatest Moments of Your Life...Keep the Faith...It will All Be Worth It in the End"
3:18 PM
No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment